We’ve discussed the importance of social media marketing and outlined a few of the reasons it’s a big part of the marketing puzzle. Now, let’s take a moment to consider things you can do to maximize your social media presence online and reach more of your current and prospective customers.
As you know, social media offers businesses a great opportunity to reach their current and prospective customers by providing a platform that allows them to play where their customers play. Understanding how to effectively capitalize on this exposure is what sets great a digital marketing strategy apart from slinging spaghetti at a wall and hoping it sticks.
At Sur-Ryl Marketing, we work with a number of organizations to help them optimize their social media strategy for success. Here are 10 tips we believe you should add to your toolkit if you’re looking to develop or revamp a social media strategy.
- Start by deciding who your audience is. Before you even begin posting on social media, it is important to understand who you are posting for and what their interests are.
- Build guidelines and procedures. With any business, it is important for employees to know what they can and cannot post on social media. You should also have procedures in place for the employees who will be posting on your behalf.
- Post at the right time. Make sure you always make posts when your target market is online and active.
- Choose your social media sites carefully. Especially when you are first starting out, you will want to keep the number of sites you manage to a minimum. This helps you avoid becoming overwhelmed.
- Have a crisis plan in place. Social media is a great place to interact with your customers. However, not all interactions are positive. To help prepare for this situation, create a plan to help you deal with negative situations.
- Focus on your content. Not only should your content be appropriate, but it should be valuable to your customers and relative to your business.
- Be consistent. Make sure you are consistently posting on social media sites to help maximize their benefit.
- Audit content regularly. As time progresses, you will want to keep an eye on your social media posts to make sure they are still consistent with your goals and procedures.
- Monitor results. In order to determine if what you are doing is working, make sure you are monitoring your results.
- Allow time for changes to take effect. In many instances, you may need to make changes to your strategies. When changes are made, always make sure you are giving them time to take effect before changing them again.
We Can Optimize Your Social Media Strategy
For even more tricks and tips regarding social media, contact us today. We will help get you started in social media marketing the right way.