When we have consultations with small business owners, we often get one of two responses: either they have no clue what types of things they should post for social media marketing, or they simply don’t have the time to be consistent in their online marketing activities. Since social media is such a huge part of small business marketing, we wanted to make sure we gave you a few easy-to-implement tips for getting it right from the very first post.
- Choose Your Social Media Channels Wisely. Don’t make the mistake of trying to put your business on every social media channel available. Pick the platforms that best fit your brand – and the ones that your target audience uses most frequently.
- Enhance Your Posts With Pictures. Whoever said a picture is worth a thousand words was right. Posts with images or video simply get more attention, more engagement and more likes and retweets than posts without them.
- Create Consistent Content. Sporadic posting is a sure way to get your target market to forget about you – or worse, lose trust in your brand. Identify a schedule that would allow you to post consistently – whether it be once a month (that’s only 12 posts!) or once a day.
- Make The Most Of Those Hashtags. Research trending hashtags for your industry. Once you’ve created a list of the top twenty most popular hashtags, use them strategically in your posts. Instead of just adding them to the end, try incorporating them into the body of your post. Also, consider using a custom hashtag that’s specific to your business.
- Don’t Forget About YouTube. Did you know YouTube is the second largest search engine in the world, second only to Google? The video giant has also firmly established itself as a social media channel and should not be ignored. Try posting two-minute, helpful or instructional videos, then tag them in your social media posts.
To learn more how we help businesses use social media to grow your business, contact us today! Want to manage social media marketing yourself, but need a tool to help make your job easier? We’ve got you covered too. Contact us to learn more about our new Sur-Ryl Social tool.